Wednesday 1 February 2012

Glossybox - February

Hey Beauties,

On Monday morning I received this months Glossybox and as first impressions went, I likey!

This months theme is obviously Valentines and the normal baby pink box has been replaced by a bright pink box Katie Price would be proud of. I've seen two bloggers who didn't like the colour very much but I personally love it. Yes, it is very bright and a bit out there but like I say, It's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring ;) I also thought the little heart sticker on the paper wrapping was quite cute.


Inside the box there's a folded card which says "Happy Valentines Day from Glossybox" with a bunch of red roses on it. As a newly singleton I'm not sure whether to appreciate the one and only card I will receive this year, or feel a little bit sad that Glossybox have to rub it in! Hmmm... Nice gesture I guess and at least I can say I received a card (technically I'm not lying?)  ha-ha! You open the card up obvs and inside is the usual list of what you have received.


Here's what I received

Left to Right
♥ Eyeko Skinny Eyeliner in Plum - Full Size
♥ Murad Hybrids Skin Perfecting Primer - 5ml
♥ Fab Gentle Body Wash - 2.0oz
♥ Weleda One Step Cleanser & Toner - 10ml
♥ Orly Nail Polish in Ruby - 5.3ml
 (and a sweet)

I have to admit I am a little disappointed with this box. I love the Pink presentation of the box but lets face it, We subscribe for the actual products not the box. Compared with all the other boxes I've received since starting my subscription in July this one is the most shit Meh...
I haven't got that excited feeling this month and that bothers me. I LOVE that excited feeling of new shiny products, who doesn't? But unfortunately this didn't do it for me.

I got a body wash! *Straight Face* I could have walked into Superdrug and picked out one for £1 and don't get me started on the minuscule cleanser. I love Weleda but I do not need another Cleanser :(
To top it off, I received an Eyeliner Pencil in Plum (I do not wear purple eyeliner) and another Red nail polish to add to my already huge collection. Also, to add insult to injury, I've seen other people received Clarins products. :( I would have soooo preferred these to the Nail Varnish and Cleanser! Had I received these products this review would have been a whole lot different.

In all honesty the only thing I semi like is the Murad Primer. I love a good primer so this will come in handy seeing as my Smashbox one has run out.

This is the first time since July I haven't liked at least 3 of the 5 products so I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt this month. Glossybox better pull something brilliant out the bag next month or the subscription is CANCELLED!

Did you guys like this months box?

Sadie
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...