Saturday 4 February 2012

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation review

Hey Dolls,

I was in desperate need of a foundation and thanks to an up and coming trip to Thailand I am saving as many Pennys as possible. As you may know I'm on a mission to find the 'One' in a foundation. I've tried Nars, Lancome, Maybelline and now Rimmel (Please see my 'Foundation mission' Label on the Left)

I popped in to my local Superdrug to see what offers were currently on, and saw this beauty at a cheap £5.99 on offer. After the introductory offer it will retail at £8.99.



This product promises "A healthy, radiant glow that minimises premature skin ageing" so who could turn this down? If like me you work full time and get out of bed before the sun rises, The skin can become slightly dull and tired looking. This products promises to banish any sign of fatigue. Woop Woop!

Positives:

First thing I noticed was the bottle. The bright orange lid is shimmery and the glass bottle is really thick and sturdy which is brilliant if like me, you are prone to dropping things. It has SPF 15 too which I always look for in a foundation and as I rubbed a tester on the back of my hands I like the smell. So far so good :)

The next day I put this to the test and was pleasantly surprised. The consistency is thick but spreads easily without pulling the skin and a little goes a long way. The product does have a slight shimmer to it but I can assure you its not glittery, in fact it definitely adds a healthy glow without being too shiny. It's not a greasy product at all but it feels light and moisturising which is something I also look for in a foundation.

At work that day a colleague commented on how fresh my skin looked which gives this product major bonus points in my book.

Negatives:

The first negative is that it is medium coverage so if you are trying to hide a lot then its not the best option although, you could use this over, or mixed in with another foundation of choice to still get that glow.

Second negative is it doesn't last as long as I hoped it would. I cleanse and moisturise in the mornings to prep my skin which is meant to ensure better staying power. Don't get me wrong it does last a good 3-4 hours but I found that by the end of my working day the coverage was practically non existant. I didn't use powder over this foundation as I think it would defeat the point of the object, so maybe that has something to do with it?

Coverage 4 hours after application:


As you can see skin is still glowy but there isn't much coverage at all.

Apart from that I like this foundation. I like the Bottle, I like the Price and I love having glowy radiant skin at 6.30 in the morning. I'm sure all my fellow passengers on the bus are jealous of me ;)

I would defiantly recommend giving this foundation a go but not if you need a better coverage.

6/10

Has anyone tried it? What did you think?

Sadie
xxxx

4 comments:

  1. I just found your blog, I think its great! I just used this foundation today, I think its good for the price and not to orange, but not that good for coverage. <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! No Definately not great for coverage. I've started using another foundation with better coverage and a little of this on top. :)
      Thank you for checking in & enjoying the blog
      xxx

      Delete
  2. I'm extremely curious about this product as I adore the Lasting Finish but we can't get the Wake Me Up yet in the US. The shimmer concerns me a bit, as I am old enough to have some fine lines and even a few wrinkles. ;)

    I wonder if you have ever tried the Neutrogena Healthy Skin foundation, as many US beauty bloggers find it to be similar to NARS Sheer Glow. Would be interested in your opinion as you like the NARS product so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Anon,

      I can assure you the shimmer is barely noticeable. It makes you look radiant rather than glittery. OOh whats Healthy Skin Foundation? I would love to have a go of that! I've had a look on Ebay and can purchase it there. xxx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...