Friday 2 March 2012

Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation

Hey Loves,

As part of my Foundation mission I have been testing several brands and Foundations to find "The One." The foundation that makes you look like you've just stepped off a runway, but looks so natural you would have no idea you had any on. A Foundation that stays put as long as it says it will, and still looks picture perfect after long day. High hopes? Maybe, but with so many out there, there must be one that accommodates me & my requirements surely? Unfortunately Rimmel Lasting Finish foundation isn't it.



I was in Superdrug looking for a cheap foundation to use that promised me lasting cover and I saw this for a cheap £6.99. Bargain I thought and hey it promises "A foundation that is sweat, heat, humidity & transfer proof for up to a full 25 hrs. The revolutionary formula, complete with a revitalising mineral complex and moisturising aqua primer, helps to reenergise overworked skin and feels hydrating all day." 25 hours? Although I was sceptic about the 25 hour claim (who really is going to wear foundation for 25hours? There's only 24 hours in a day!) I was excited to see if this would last a good 12 hours.

This foundation has a pump bottle which I like as I doesn't go everywhere but it's incredibly thick. It's really hard to spread around your face with a kabuki type foundation brush so you need to use your fingers. Because of the thickness of this foundation it felt really heavy on my face and I was concious of it clogging up my pores and not allowing my skin to breathe. Also because of the thickness it really does enphasise fine lines.

My current favourite is the Nars Sheer Glow foundation which is so light and water based but gives amazing coverage. Uisng a product so light and then going to a product so heavy really made me notice how crap this is. Yes, It's £6.99 and compared to the Nars, is a bargain but I really can't stand the heaviness.

One good thing about the foundation is it does last a good 5 hours and has good coverage.

I personally cannot stand how caked my face feels and wont be buying this again :(

What do you guys think of it?

Sadie
xxx


2 comments:

  1. I'm wondering if you perhaps used too much? Because my review would be the complete opposite of yours. I find this to be quite natural appearing, not thick at all, dries to a "nearly matte" finish and wears very well (12 hours w/o prmer and 16+ with a primer)on combination skin without sinking into fine lines and wrinkles. In the US, this comes in a plastic tube, rather than a pump bottle, and I find 1-2 pea-sized drops covers my entire face. Perhaps the pump dispenses too much product?

    The only drawback I find to this is the very limited shade range. Very fair or very dark skintones will not find a match. The range really is for fair-medium and medium-dark medium.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Doll,
      Oh really? I've tried to use less but it's so thick it really doesn't spread well. Maybe I have a faulty formula? Unless the US version is a little different to ours? Hmmm. I think I will get it out of my Make up tray and try again haha! Thanks for your feedback. xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...