Tuesday 22 November 2011

Glossybox - November ♥

Hi Dolls,

Another month another Glossybox and i'm sad to say I am a little disappointed this month. I'm not the only one by the looks of it, and if us die hard Glossybox fans are dissapointed then it must be bad.

This months theme was "Part 1 of the Christmas Gift Guide" but to be honest I doubt I'll be buying any of these for pressies.

Lets have a look shall we?


left to right
♥ Nail Rock Designer Nail Wraps - Full Pack
♥ Dead Sea Spa Magik, Dead Sea Bath Salts - Full Size Pack
♥ Philip Kingsley Elasticizer Shampoo - 40ml sample
♥ Arbonne Hand Creme - 15ml sample
♥ Etro set of 5 perfume samples in Ambra, Etra Etro, Heliotrope, Musk and Vicolo Fiori

I think the reason I am a little disappointed is because we recieved Nail Wraps in Augusts box and last month a chunk of people already recieved Dead Sea Spa Magik products. I didn't think I would be saying this but it seems a bit, well, Samey. This suprises me because there a hundreds of thousands of products in this world us girls Adore but Glossybox have sent us the same kind of things? Also, Perfume samples? Were getting one every month now and I Love experiencing new frangrances but the ones they have sent have been foul (well in my own personal opinion)

Lets look at this months samples and I'll try and tell you why they are foul.

Top to bottom

Ambra - Smells like a spicy disinfectant. Great for Hospitals, not so great on the flesh.
Etra Etro - One word Lemons. If I wanted to smell like washing up liquid I would bathe in it.
Heliotrope - Another one word description. Almonds. I personally hate them. Personally being the opperative word.
Musk - Even though it is entitled musk it's very light and femine so this gets a so-so.
Vicolo Fiori - My favourite of the bunch. I can't place it but it's floral, sweet and romantic.I've owned something like this before so I will use this one. The rest I will give away.

Although I am disappointed I am pleased about the Bath Salts. I'm currently using Dead Spa Magik Shampoo & Conditioner and it's amazing (a review is coming soon) and this brand has always worked for me. I am defo a bath kind of girl and I can't wait to sink into the tub and try these out. They have just been given a Beauty award too so they must be good. My mum has really bad arthritis in her back in the winter so hopefully they will help eliviate some of that stiffness after a day at work. It's definately perfect for winter as its known to alleviate dry skin and flaky conditions too. I personally do not like the Nail Wraps but this is only because of the effect. I got black stripes but they sent out Leopard print ones to others and I wouldn't have minded them. The Arbonne Hand Cream is Meh. First off its a hand cream. Most woman by now have picked one up and secondly it's just not very exciting is it?

I have reminded myself that they cater for thousands of people of whom they have never met, and are in completely different age brackets and like completely different things. This however hasn't taken the edge off.

I really feel for anyone that has had this as their first box. All that built up excitement would have been for nothing. Although I am not impressed this month, This is my 5th box and the other four I have genuinely loved. I won't be cancelling just yet but they better not send something like this out next month. To make up for this they will need to pull something quite spectacular out of the bag for Christmas but I have faith and I think they will.

What did you guys think?

Sadie
xxx

Ps. Nail Wraps sell really well on Ebay ;)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...