Friday 21 October 2011

Glamour & Cecelia Ahearn Event

Hello Chickas,

As you may know (or don't see here) I was lucky enough to win tickets for me & A friend from Glamour Magazine, to go to a little event put on by the Glamour team and the author Cecelia Ahearn. For those of you that don't know about Cecelia, she is the lady who penned the book Ps. I Love you (and several others that should make it on the big screen if you ask me)

I've been reading her books for years and have all of them so when I saw the competition in Glamour mag I knew I had to enter. Then I got an email and had tickets YAY!

The event was held in Selfridges last night and It was amazing. My friend Tara & I walked in and was greeted with rather handsome men giving out Champagne. They had Manicures courtesy of Nars and Brow Threading courtesy of Blink Brow Bar. Obvs, we took full advantage of this and got pampered. After that we helped ourselves to the beautiful cupcakes and got chatting.


Shortly after Cecelia came in and sat on a sofa to have a chat with us and answer questions. I must say she was wearing a beautiful pair of Nude Christian Louboutains. I whispered (not my strongest point) to my my friend "Omg I love her shoes" in which Cecelia replied "Thank you, me too but thank god i'm sitting down I cant walk properly" Ha-ha

Anyway, as people started to ask questions and have a chat with her I couldn't believe how lovely and normal she is. It was like having a chat with your best friend, she's the kind of person who instantly makes you want to be her friend. Also, she is naturally really pretty with perfect skin. (gosh this is sounding like a dating ad)

Moving on to the questions, she gave some brilliant advice for people who would like to write a book. She gave us her experiences and how she puts a book together which was very interesting. Her first piece of advice was get an agent. The publishing world is so confusing and very scary so having someone who knows what they are doing is very important. She said she always comes up with the storyline first and then builds a character for it and finds this method suits her best. She firmly believes in making a character people will be moved by, and told us that as she was writing Ps. I Love you her own tears fell on the page.


 It was plain to see she was born to write books as she was so passionate about each one and each character. She also said having the passion is very important to her, if she doesn't enjoy writing a book then there's no point as your audience won't enjoy it. That was her own experience and she did say her biggest piece of advice is not to listen to other peoples advice. ha-ha.

After the chat she signed books, took pictures and had a general chat with everyone which was really nice.

My friend Tara with her

As we were leaving, the lovely Glamour Staff gave us little Goodie bags to take home which included her last book, Nars lip gloss, Glamour Mag, Nivea body Scrub, Hair protectant and other bits and bobs. we had a lovely time meeting her and then popped up to the Beauty Floor to get a few free samples. ;)


Sadie
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...