Sunday 4 September 2011

Models Own

Ola Ladies,

As I'm sure all of you know, Models Own hit the 50,000 likes and did the 50% off offer in which I happily purchased a few cheeky bits.

I have never used a Models Own product before, so thought the sale was the perfect opportunity to try it out for a very reasonable price and give a fresh, non-biased review.

Here's what I purchased:


Left to right
♥ Nail Art Pen in Black
♥ 5 piece brush set
♥ Nail polish in Juicy Jules

I LOVE my bits and the Nail Varnish has made my day. Its just so sparkly and amazing.


With Flash
Without Flash

 I already had my fave pink polish on and put this over the top. It looked amazing and got asked a few times what polish I was wearing. Its very sparkly and in the light reminds me of diamonds glistening. It has the perfect Constancy and the perfect amount of glitter in the product. One brush stroke was enough to spread a large amount of the glitter evenly, without looking too much.

I will 100% be buying this again and again and again..... It's my current Love ♥


I haven't managed to use them all however, I did use the Eyeshadow blending brush and the Powder Brush and I was really impressed with the quality. I gave them all a very good grope and was happy that none of the strands came out. Yipee. The Powder Brush was good although to be honest the head is too small to be used for face powder so it didn't do any good on that front. I did use it for my highlighter powder instead and the brush distributed it evenly. The Eyeshadow Blending brush was brilliant! Its not too stiff but not to soft so it picks up a perfect amount of eyeshadow and really does blend like a dream. I used it first with a loose pigment shadow and then a solid leaf gold shadow, and I have to say the effect perfect. Nothing is too much trouble for this brush and its replaced all my other eyeshadow brushes. Plus for £10 for 5 brushes it really is good value for money.


After watching some amazing Youtube Videos on Nail Art I decided to try and be more creative. .When I saw this pen on the website I knew it would be perfect for me. I have used it but my 'designs' were dreadful and I didn't want to embarrass myself! Think I need a bit more practise ha-ha. It has a thin brush and a pen nib so its a 2 in one and I managed to create a butterfly , A large heart, Zig zags and it was really easy.  It is a bit messy but I think with a little practise I'll be on to a good thing. I promise to practise and do A post on some decent results.

Overall, I love my bits from Models Own.

What did you guys get and is there any Models Own stuff you would recommend?

S
xxx

2 comments:

  1. Ooooo glittery nail polish looks superb.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh Thank you hun. It really is a must have especially for winter. :) x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...